‘Commuter, if you wake up tomorrow it is because Jack Bauer spared your life’.
Having left CTU for a 9 to 5 office job, Jack Bauer did not envisage possibly the worst 24 hours of his life.
Day 1
The following takes place between 7am and 8am - events occur in real time.
Sales rep Jack Bauer gets up in the morning, has breakfast, takes a shower and gets dressed for work. He feels today is going to be a good day, he has not felt a buzz for work since his early days at CTU. Today Jack is starting his new role as head of sales for Bauer’s Bearings. Things however are about to take a turn for the worst, as on his way to work he is alerted by his secretary Chloe O’Brian of a breach in national security. Jack was about venture into the delights of the UK rush hour traffic.
"Damn it Chloe, call for back up now, I am surrounded.........there is no way out, we are under threat from middle lane drivers."
"Remember when I got tortured by the Chinese government, well that was nothing in comparison, this really is torture."
"Damn it Chloe! I am stuck in a tailback!"
"How come Jack?"
"I’m not sure, it appears there is an accident on the motorway going in the opposite direction, so everyone is slowing down to take a look."
"Damn it! Traffic is going at a slow pace and I think I have a terrorist driver on my tail, code name tailgater!"
"Damn it Chloe he is trying to undertake me, I have no option but to make sure he doesn't get in ahead of me!"
“I prevented his attack, he is back behind me, he has to endure the pain of the congested traffic like the rest of us."
"I think I am now in the clear, traffic is moving and I am staying within braking distance of the car ahead."
"Damn it Chloe! Tailgater is undertaking! He is trying to squeeze in! Damn it! He has cut me up! Damn it! I had no choice but to let him in!"
"Time to act, he is now tailgating the cars in front!"
"I have no choice, I am going to have to take him down and flash him with the full beam."
"I have no choice, I am going to have to take him down and flash him with the full beam."
"Damn it! He has hit back with a terror attack and sprayed my windscreen with his screen wash!"
"Damn it! I have lost him, he has now undertaken the cars in front!"
“The threat seems to be over Chloe. I am now just 10 miles from work, it looks like I shall get there for my 8.30am meeting.”
“Damn it! Damn it!"
“Jack? Jack? Are you there Jack?”
“Sorry Chloe, yes I lost signal as I went through a tunnel. It appears the competition in the retail market has now taken to the road.”
“What Jack? I don’t understand, you have not been reachable for 20 minutes!”
“A Tesco lorry moved into the outside lane, it was trying to overtake the Sainsbury’s lorry. It took him 15 minutes and the race off between the two of them caused a tailback in the tunnel.”
“Damn it! It has started to rain lightly, all vehicles are now going 20 miles under the speed limit due to light drizzle in the air, the clock is ticking! There are more tailbacks!”
“Chloe, I am finally here, I am at work.”
Jack sat in his car for a few minutes, reflecting on the past hour, he then wiped away his tears, not knowing what the next 23 hours were going to bring.
Fab first Blog. Made me chuckle & read it Jack Bauer styleee!
ReplyDeleteSuperb! Bex x
ReplyDeleteDammit! I enjoyed that!
ReplyDelete